Hollywood Thursday’s Star Kevin Spacey pleaded not guilty to four charges of sexual assault against three men in London’s Old Bailey court. When the 62-year-old star stood on the pier of the British Supreme Criminal Court, he wore a blue suit and blue tie. After talking to confirm his name and his age, he admitted four fleas of sexual assault and one plea that involved a person in sexual activity without consent. ..

The public prosecutor’s office, which is responsible for prosecuting charges in England and Wales, said it approved the charges against Spacey in May. A two-time Oscar winner of “The Usual Suspects” and “American Beauty,” he was formally charged by police in the British capital the following month and voluntarily appeared in court within a few days.

At a hearing last month, Spacey’s lawyer Patrick Gibbs told the court that his client “has violently denied any crime in this case.” “In order for him to advance his life, he needs to answer these accusations,” Gibbs added at the time. At the first hearing, the Deputy Chief Judge was told that the actor lives in the United States, where he has his family and a nine-year-old dog.

Justice of the peace officially withdrew the arrest warrant issued two weeks ago after learning that Spacey had appeared directly in London. Press restrictions prevent the media from elaborating on the accusation in order to avoid harming the jury in any trial.

“Prove my innocence”

The first two accusations of sexual assault took place in London in March 2005 and are now about the same man in his 40s. The third is alleged to have happened to a man in his thirties in London in August 2008. Spacey was also charged with “engaging a person into permeable sexual activity without consent” against a man in his thirties.

The fourth sexual assault allegedly occurred in April 2013 in Gloucestershire, western England, against a third man, now in his thirties. None of the alleged victims can be identified under English law. After the prosecutor’s announcement in May, Spacey said he was “disappointed” with the decision. “I will voluntarily appear in the UK as soon as arrangements are available to protect myself from these accusations. I am confident that this will prove my innocence.”

Spacey was Artistic Director of the Oldvic Theater in London from 2004 to 2015. Allegations against him emerged in the wake of the #MeToo movement, which saw numerous allegations of sexual assault and harassment in the film industry.

It prompted an investigation by the London Metropolitan Police Department and a review by Old Vic of his time in charge there. The 2017 claim to Spacey led to the end of his involvement in the final season shoot of the Netflix drama House of Cards. He was also dropped from the biography of Gore Vidal on the television streaming network, and as businessman J. Paul Getty in “All Money in the World.” – AFP

Source link

Previous articleSheikh Ahmad al-Saber elected President of ATF
Next articleThe “integration period” for the gradual removal of partial blockade restrictions may begin next week