The ministry received 3,909 test results over a seven-day period and 239 were positive, so there are currently 258 active cases, 12 of which are hospitalized.
A government spokesperson said: “Since the last update, the Ministry of Health has received 3,909 test results, 239 positive for coronavirus.
“These results are from the tests performed below.
- Tuesday: 41 positives out of 697 results [5.9% positivity]
- Wednesday: 30 positives out of 700 results [4.3% positivity]
- Thursday: 16 positives out of 560 results [2.9% positivity]
- Friday: 31 positives out of 534 results [5.7% positivity]
- Saturday: 21 positives out of 328 results [6.4% positivity]
- Sunday: 41 positives out of 456 results [9.0% positivity]
- Monday: 59 positives out of 634 results [9.3% positivity]
“71  New cases are categorized as imported with travel history for the last 14 days.An additional 168 new cases are classified as one of the local infections  Or under investigation .. In addition, there were 210 recovery and 0 deaths.
“There are 258 active cases, of which:
- 246 is under public health surveillance.When
- Twelve are hospitalized and 0 are in the intensive care unit.
“Since March 2020, there have been a total of 16,401 confirmed positive cases in Bermuda, of which 16,003 have recovered. Sadly, there were 140 coronavirus-related deaths.
“The sources for all active cases are:
- 79 will be imported
- 81 is classified as a local send
- 98 is under investigation
“The sources of all confirmed cases are:
- 3,273 are imported
- 12,706 are classified as local transmissions.
- 5,513 are local transmissions using known contacts / sources
- 7,193 are local transmissions with unknown contact / source.
- 422 is under investigation
“As the investigation progresses, the infection categories may change. For age distribution and overall infection categories, see https: //www.gov.bm/coronavirus-covid19-update.
“7 days  The average number of real-time views is 0.71.
“See https://www.gov.bm/health-information for information on other conditions reported to the epidemiology and surveillance unit.”
Health Minister Kim Wilson said: It’s easy to be complacent, but be vigilant. The numbers are increasing in positive cases in different sectors of our community and we need to be careful. Various Covid strands are circulating, and individuals have been infected with the coronavirus multiple times in a short period of time.
“In that regard, I encourage individuals to continue to follow public health guidance. Wear masks in large group settings. Physically distance and practice hand hygiene. If it’s bad, stay home. And best of all, if the test is positive, stay home. “
For more information on the links below, please visit our dedicated website, BermudaCovid.com. This is the most comprehensive resource and historical record of Bermuda’s response to a pandemic.
- All charts: Click here for vaccines, tests, etc.
- Timeline: Major development dates here
- Test Results: Here is a chart of test statistics
- Vaccines: Data covering vaccinations here
- Dedicated website: BermudaCovid.com
Read more about
Category: All news