Macau’s fifth population test since the outbreak of the BA.5.1 Omicron mutation on June 18 is nearing the end of tonight. Health officials pointed to flickering progress and emphasized the need for further vaccination to achieve zero cases.

By 3:00 pm today, 626,680 people were sampled, most of them negative, while 31 pooled samples were positive.

“It’s less than the day before,” said Leong Iek Hou, who heads the new Coronavirus Response and Coordination Center. “This shows that high-volume testing in combination with rapid antigen testing is very effective in controlling pandemics.

“We want to finish sending 1,215 cases now.

“Our policy on this virus is zero cases. The outcome of the fight against Omicron depends not only on population testing, but also on the cooperation of the population, and more to reach zero cases. You need to be vaccinated, and you are trying to avoid the transmission of positive cases from home residents to the workplace and vice versa. “

Ray Wai Sen, director of health care at the Department of Health, said: I think this plan is the right plan to find positive cases and take steps to end the pandemic. “

Leong Yellow health codeIndicates a risk of infection, but you cannot travel abroad until you have a green code.

Several changes have been introduced for the next mass test starting tomorrow morning.

The seven care stations will be open from 6am to 1am tomorrow and 6am to 6pm on Saturdays.

The 11 free test stations will be open from 9am to 1am on July 8th and from 7am to 6pm on July 9th.

Currently, nearly 4,000 people are in medical observation hotels.From tomorrow, 470 rooms in the East Wing Grand Lisboa PalaceAnd 300 rooms in the B1 tower Grand Hyatt Macau It is also forced into the service.

At the Grand Lisboa Hotel, more than 460 staff and 30 guests remain trapped after 13 staff test positive for Covid-19. Healthcare professionals have identified 18 clusters so far, but have not indicated whether they are close to zero patient follow-up.

Speaking at a new daily coronavirus briefing, authorities sought to mitigate the fear of an immediate mass blockade.

“The rumors that we are planning to block Macau are false,” said Jung Kin Iam, a spokesman for Unitary Police Services. Individuals who spread these rumors may face legal consequences.

“We don’t intend to blockade the city, and the supermarkets have enough food, so many people can get together and attract the virus, so residents don’t have to rush to buy food.

“Regarding Government Plans for Closed Loop Management-If you need to implement it, notify the residents in time.

Source link

Previous articleHow Harjavalta Avoided Sanctions | Finland Today | English News
Next articleEmirates News Agency-SCCI Ends Promotional Gulf Tour of Sharjah Excellence Awards