Oscar-winning actor Kevin Spacey will appear in court charged with sexually assaulting three men.
The 62-year-old Hollywood star is expected to attend the Magistrates’ Court in Westminster on Thursday and face four counts of sexual assault and one count that engages a person in penetrating sexual activity without consent. It has been.
The allegations relate to three men now in their thirties and forties in London and Gloucestershire between 2005 and 2013, and Spacey was the artistic director of the Oldvic Theater in London.
The Prosecutor’s Office (CPS) approved the charges against him last month, but Americans could only be formally charged after traveling to Britain earlier this week.
The accusations are as follows: Two cases of sexual assault on a man in his 40s in London in March 2005. Sexual assault on a man now in his thirties in London in August 2008, and having him engage in penetrating sexual activity without consent. Sexual assault on a man in his thirties in Gloucestershire in April 2013.
Two-time Oscar-winning Spacey, known for starring in American Beauty, The Usual Suspects, and House of Cards, previously said he would travel to the UK and be prosecuted. Will deny.
In a statement issued to Good Morning America after the announcement of the CPS, he said: Will confidently prove my innocence. “
The most serious offense of engaging a man in permeable sexual activity without consent is a prosecution-only offense, which means that he is only tried in the Criminal Court.
Spacey, whose address is listed in court documents as an apartment in Waterloo, central London, was Artistic Director of Oldvic from 2004 to 2015.