Academy Award-winning actor Kevin Spacey is free to return to the United States after the court has heard that he has “violently denied” allegations of sexually assaulting three men.
Former Hollywood star 62-year-old was not asked to enter four cases of sexual assault and one complaint that led to sexual activity without consent when he appeared in the Magistrates’ Court in Westminster on Thursday. rice field.
The allegations relate to three men now in their thirties and forties in London and Gloucestershire between 2005 and 2013, and Spacey was the artistic director of the Oldvic Theater in London.
Spacey smiled and nodded to Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary Tan Ikram when he granted the House of Cards unconditional bail prior to his next appearance at the Southwark Crown Court on July 14.
The court heard that Spacey lives in the United States, where he has a family and a nine-year-old dog, and needs to be in the country to audition for work.
“Mr. Spacey has severely denied any crime in this case,” QC Patrick Gibbs defends.
“In order for him to advance his life, he needs to answer these accusations.”
Spacey was attacked by a photographer when he arrived in court in a blue suit with a teal suede brogue and a dark-patterned tie.
After leaving the silver Mercedes, he was taken to a building surrounded by members of his legal team and two police officers.
Spacey didn’t comment, but smiled as he passed the line of other court attendees and passed through the entrance before passing the guards.
He stood in the dock and confirmed his name as Kevin Spacey Fowler, his London address in Waterloo’s apartment, and his date of birth.
Spacey occasionally glanced at a packed press bench and a complete public gallery during a 28-minute hearing.
Prosecutor Natalie Dawson did not reveal the details of the allegations beyond the allegations read aloud by the court’s legal counsel.
Two counts of sexual assaults on men in their 40s, sexual assaults on men in their 30s, and sexual assaults without consent in London in March 2005. Sexual assault on a man in his thirties in London in August 2008 and in Gloucestershire in April 2013.
The Prosecutor’s Office (CPS) approved the charges against him last month, but American Spacey was officially charged only after traveling to the United Kingdom earlier this week.
Mr. Ikram withdrew the arrest warrant issued a few weeks ago after the court heard that Spacey had arrived in London on Monday to receive a postal request.
After asking if he could speak to the defendant as Mr. Spacey, the judge said, “You cooperated. I talked with New York authorities and voluntarily attended these proceedings here today. . “
Two-time Oscar-winner, known for playing the leading role in American Beauty and The Usual Suspects, Spacey had previously said he would travel to the UK to face accusations.
In a statement issued to Good Morning America after the announcement of the CPS, he said: I am confident to prove my innocence. “
Spacey, artistic director of The Old Vic from 2004 to 2015, smiled again when he left the courtroom before being guided by a waiting car.