The court heard that Academy Award-winning actor Kevin Spacey “violently denied” allegations that he had sexually assaulted three men.
When he appeared in Westminster Administrative Court on Thursday, a 62-year-old former Hollywood star entered a petition for four counts of sexual assault and one count that engages a person in penetrating sexual activity without consent. Was not asked.
Deputy Judge Tan Ikram granted him unconditional bail prior to his next appearance at the Southwark Crown Court on July 14.
“Mr. Spacey has vehemently denied any crime in this case,” QC Patrick Gibbs defended.
Spacey was attacked by a photographer when he arrived in court in a blue suit with a teal suede brogue and a dark-patterned tie.
After getting off the silver Mercedes, he was taken to a building surrounded by members of his legal team and two police officers.
Spacey didn’t comment, but smiled as he passed the line of other court attendees and passed through the entrance before passing the guards.
He stood in the dock and confirmed his name as Kevin Spacey Fowler, his London address in Waterloo’s apartment, and his date of birth.
The allegations relate to three men now in their thirties and forties in London and Gloucestershire between 2005 and 2013, and Spacey was the artistic director of the Oldvic Theater in London.
The accusations read by the court’s legal counsel include two counts of sexual assault on a man now in his 40s in London in March 2005. Sexual assault on a man in his thirties, now in London, August 2008, and having him engage in penetrating sexual activity without consent. Sexual assault on a man in his thirties in Gloucestershire in April 2013.
The Prosecutor’s Office (CPS) approved charges against Spacey last month, but Americans could only be formally charged after traveling to the United Kingdom earlier this week.
Mr. Ikram withdrew the arrest warrant issued a few weeks ago after the court heard that Spacey had arrived in London to receive a mail request on Monday.
Two-time Oscar-winning Spacey, known for starring in American Beauty, The Usual Suspects, and the House of Cards, previously said he would travel to the United Kingdom and be prosecuted.
In a statement issued to Good Morning America after the announcement of the CPS, he said: Will confidently prove my innocence. “
Spacey was Artistic Director of The Old Vic from 2004 to 2015.