Bermuda’s Ne-Jai Tucker scored two goals for the Burnley Football Club U21 side in a 4-3 win over Ipswich Town.

The club’s match report stated:

“Dara Costello and Joe McGlynn proved to be winners as they both scored goals in the first half, Nejay Tucker doubled his points in the second half afternoon and the Tractor Boys launched a comeback.

“On the front foot from the start, Burnley took the lead over Irishman Costello by five minutes.

“After showing some pace and power on the right wing, Joe McGlynn beat the opposition and put the striker in the space in the area. Costello, the club’s top scorer at this level last season, opened without a mistake. decided.

“New signing Lewis saw Town goalkeeper Woody Williamson continue the 1-1 effort at the 40-minute mark, but Tucker scored a sublime effort from the right side of the box within 60 seconds. Doubled Claret’s advantage in strikes.

“Franchi acted almost immediately after the second to deny Ipswich’s immediate response, and before the half-time whistle, Burnley saw them in third from Scotland’s youth international McGlynn. counted the dominance of

“The restart saw Ipswich come off strong, scoring in the 51st minute with a low strike from Gerard Bouabo coming off the bench midway through the first half.

‚ÄúTucker scored the second goal in the 81st minute after a lull in a contest that saw several strong challenges, including Alby Armin’s one against Costello, which brought a caution to the Ipswich players.

“Given a low cross from Owen Dodgson had the ball in space in the box, Tucker cleared the line on his first effort, but slammed the follow-up into the back of the net to make it 4-1.

But three minutes later, Matt Ward’s acrobatic goal saved the visitors from the pressure in the closing minutes.

Franchi scored the third goal at close range, but was unable to prevent Jesse Nwabueze from scoring with a low-driving strike in the added first minute, ensuring a nervous ending.

“Alexander ran into a corner again following that save, but when the ball bounced back for a goal kick, referee James Rann blew the full-time whistle to end the contest, with a final score of 4. It was -3.”

Share on WhatsApp

read more about

#Bermuda Football #Good News

Category: All, Sports

Source link

Previous articleActor Stephen Tompkinson appears in court on GBH charges
Next articleExtracurricular overload: Are you and your child facing burnout?